Friday, October 29, 2010

My entry - Quilters Blog Festival

As a newer quilter and blogger, I am still stumbling upon new blogs, and new ways to share my quilts with others in blogland.  Amy has set up an AWESOME quilter's blog festival.   I follow a couple bloggers who submitted a quilt they made...and decided to do the same.  So, here goes! :D

I am trying to make everyone in my family quilts for/by Christmas.  My sister is in love with bees, and so for her quilt I picked white/black/grey/yellow prints.  She came to visit me this past week/weekend, and so I gave her the quilt early.  She loved it. <3

Modeling the quilt

Happy as a clam, eh?

Here is the back.  I pieced the middle just to break up the grey speckled fabric.

The quilt top held up by my wonderful sisters husband.

A closer look at the design.

Closer look at the stippling.

Folded and Ready for use.

I love this quilt.  I think part of the reason it is one of my favorite so far is because of the reaction.  I gave it to them in person, and saw them use it and love it.  And since then, I have received pictures of them using it at home also. <3  It makes me happy to know that the quilt I took time creating is well loved.

I used a pattern from a magazine, and just changed it to suit my color choices.  For quilting the top, I used an all over free motion meander.  I used grey thread, because I didn't want it to be shocking on the back of the quilt.  The binding is machine sewed to the front, and hand stitched to the back.  I was actually working on this quilt while they were here - finishing up the hand stitching!! :D

Don't forget to check out the other gorgeous quilt creations here.  Or you can click the button on my sidebar.

Happy Quilting

17 comments:

  1. This is so cool. I love the colors and how they work together. I like the back too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very eye-catching. Thanks for sharing =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I just love this quilt...the colors and the rectangular blocks! terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a crisp modern quilt and you definitely captured a bee-y feel. Great job.
    Come see my 1890 antique schoolhouse quilt and
    black/white/pink scrappy miniature

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a great quilt. I love the colours and how they are used in the design.
    What a wonderful gift.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun quilt. I love the color combination.

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is beautiful...i love the bright yellow with the black and white

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it! It's not easy to make something in a limited color scheme, but you did a wonderful job. I'm partial to yellow/black/gray myself. Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tiffany, this quilt put a smile on my face! What wonderful colors, and what a lucky sister to receive such a meaningful gift.

    Thanks so much for linking up with The Airing of the Quilts party today.

    ReplyDelete
  10. how lovely .....thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh what a pretty quilt ... so modern. I love modern. And thanks for visiting my festival entry.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The quilt is stunning! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a wonderful quilt! I love the colors and you just did a super job! It's wonderful to be able to see how happy your quilt made your sister. I know she will treasure it forever. I'm also new to quilting and I am quickly becoming quite addicted. lol I found your blog through the Airing of the Quilts and I'm so glad I stopped by!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a fun quilt! It is just puts a smile on one's face. Great job! I stopped by because of the quilt party Dayle is having. So fun.

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is such a cheerful, eye-catching, unique quilt! I love that you designed it with your sister's love of bees in mind -- and the photos of her modeling this quilt are priceless! She looks so thrilled with this amazing gift!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to stop by and read. I love comments. <3