Friday, December 23, 2011

Snowman Mini Quilt

For our January meeting of Green Bay Modern Quilt Guild, we will be working on making these snowman mini quilts!  Last months meeting we learned how to make hexagon flowers, so the task this month was to make a white, or color of their choice, hexagon flower during the month.  I emailed out a supply list so we can create these!

Isn't he a cutie?  He is my second ever hexagon flower that I've made.  So happy we had someone demo this for us, as I've wanted to learn it for quite a while.

We will be just making the snowman and practicing applique this month at the meeting.  They will be able to add any embellishments they see fit during the month at home.  In February, we will have a drawing for those that complete their snowman mini quilt, and they will get fabric and other goodies.  It's a surprise!! 

For the mini quilt I made a "faux binding", just made the backing 2 inches bigger all around and folded over the edges.  Here is a close up of the corner, I think it turned out well!




Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Your snowman is adorable!! Merry Christmas to you and your loved ones, Tiffany.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to stop by and read. I love comments. <3