Thursday, May 31, 2012

OYGB Orange Block Tutorial





Here is a tutorial for a block I designed, and the lovely Grendleskin helped test for me!!

I used 2 fabrics, the main fabric I used orange, and the accent I used white.

Cutting Directions:
From main fabric (orange) cut 4 5x5
From main fabric (orange) cut 1 2.5x20 piece
From accent fabric (white) cut 1 5x5
From accent fabric(white) cut 2 1.75x20 pieces

Sewing Directions:
Sew whites on either side of orange strips.




Cut into 4 5x5 squares.
stripes before cutting
Lay out as follows:
Top Row: Orange, Stripe, Orange
Middle: Stripe, white, stripe
Bottom: Orange, stripe, orange
All stripes should be facing "in" and make a plus.


layout

Sew rows together.
Block will be 14" unfinished.

Grendleskins block





5 comments:

  1. Hey Tiffany! What a fun block! I do have a question though, do you have preferences as to which way the seam allowances are pressed? Or would you rather have them pressed open?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you want us to make two blocks?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to stop by and read. I love comments. <3