Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Hubby's First Quilt

I'm blessed to have a crafty husband - who enjoys helping me quilt, pick colors - he even presses seams bless his heart!!!  So when he spotted a Van Gogh panel at a quilt shop a while back, he snatched it up.  This quilt is his creation from beginning to end.  He had the vision, he had the ambition, and he did the sewing.  He wanted it to have a V and a G, but making it subtle.  He even hand quilted on this beauty! He spent hours on this quilt, and the best part is - it's staying in our house! I get to use it as a living room quilt! I'm thrilled!!!


Between all the artwork/panel are batiks.  I think it adds a nice touch to the quilt. So this is his first quilt start to finish.  He's made 2 flimsys before :)

Sorry for the shoddy photo, it was foggy this morning when he finished hand sewing the binding, and we really wanted to show it off  ;)

Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. What a great way to use a panel! It looks lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's hooked. Bet it's a first in a long line of quilts..Congrats on a terrific finish!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to stop by and read. I love comments. <3